Products

Monday, November 26, 2018

My Dolls Going Places




Star Suvarna (Kannada channel of Star family) has used my dolls to promote one of it's serials - 'Sarva Mangala Mangalye'. A nicely designed and printed colourful postcard (image given above) has a yellowish-orange background with strings of flowers and leaves festooned at the top. Along with the logo of the channel, the serial's logotype name and the days and time on which it is aired, the Kannada legend says 'Paaru-Shankara at the Navaratri festival'. I suppose Paaru and Shankara are the names of main protagonists whose head cutouts have been replaced on to the heads of my Gaarudi Gombe doll pair.

The design is neat and interesting. Below is the image of Garudi Gombe dolls that were designed by me and executed by Channapatna artisans in lathe-turned laquerware doll craft.

This is me with my Paaru and Shankara

1 comment:

Madhukarkadiah said...

You are a great creator and curator